Skip to main content
Okay, a brief synopsis of my life from my last posting to this message.....I am happily married now....unbelievable! The wedding ceremony, though I had my misgivings about the amount of money that we spent, was absolutely beautiful. It made everything well worth the financial stress. I was looking about the church trying to see how many people showed up as they RSVP'ed, and how many "gate-crashers" were there. I saw all of my Groomsmen enter the church, and I had to note how absolutely beautiful my sisters looked upon entering the church. It was really something else....it was just unbelievable. I was looking over at my parents, and some of my friends who were sitting to my left, and I heard Renee's cousin start singing "You and I" by Stevie Wonder. I looked up, and that is when I saw Renee entering the church. To make a long story short I punked out.....LOL! The tears came up so quickly that I couldn't control them. It wasn't that I was nervous or scared or anything like that, I had just never seen her looking so beautiful...it was simply amazing. Renee was crying as she entered the church and seeing her emotional made it that much more difficult for me to keep a handle on things. The Ceremony was a blur, it is hard for me to specifically recall any certain event aside from when Karen sang her solo.....the tears came one more time....And then finally Father Norman said those words that I had been waiting a lifetime to hear. "You may kiss the bride." I tell you I kissed her and I felt the simultaneous thrill, and relief of kissing my brand new wife......The feeling was inexplicable. Then came the end of the ceremony, the presentation of the bride and groom, about one hundred thousand pictures, and then the reception. Renee and I danced the night away, did all of the obligatory wedding reception chores such as tossing out the garter and the bouquet, and before we knew it, it was time to retire for the night. We had the Honeymoon Suite reserved in the hotel, and it was so very comfortable. I am not trying to go into intimate detail, but there is no feeling in the world like being alone with your brand new wife for the very first time. I just can't describe the feeling. We spent the night in the hotel, woke up and had a joint-family breakfast and went back to our house for the gift opening. Later that day we drove to Louisville and had dinner at a Restaurant called "Ruth's Chris".....pricey no doubt...but sooooooo good. We checked into a hotel in Louisville and passed out for the night.....we woke up about 4:30 the next morning and caught a flight to Atlanta in preparation for our international flight to Jamaica........I just could not wait to get to the tropics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an Officer...a Black one.....is sometimes hard. [Howard Rollins from "A Soldier's Story"] Sometimes being an Officer is difficult....not because of hard tasks, short timelines, or all of the worries involved in the care of your Soldier's, but the aura of professionalism and objectivity that you must display at all times. There have been many times that I have wanted to make a comment, yell, cuss at someone, or otherwise let my personal feelings be known about a subject, but unfortunately I could not because of my position. Let me tell you about two incidents that bothered me in particular. I was in Dallas Ft. Worth airport waiting to catch a flight on the last leg of my TDY trip to help a returning unit at Ft. Sill. As I went to my gate, I saw 4 Sailors in their black uniforms gathered at the gate...one was large and white, the other three were black. There was very little room, and many of them were standing intermingled with civilian airline passengers
One day and one half... I just woke up in my hotel room after a night of fun and good times with my wife at 4th Street Live. I glanced out the window, and realized that I was facing the sullen reality that I have today and tomorrow on leave, and that Tuesday means the end of my contact with my family for a great while. I have approached this time on leave with the solid intent of not concentrating on how much time I had left, but rather the quality of the time that I was using. Somehow, it just didn't work like I thought that it would. I have noted that these past two weeks have flown by, much quicker than any other two weeks that I have experienced in my life. If deployment were to go like this, the time wouldn't seem so unbearable. But, nonetheless I suppose that I need to get myself prepared for the inevitable. The reality is that my oldest son Devon who just finished the seventh grade will be starting his Freshman year of High School once I get back. Robbie who just
The Thought Police: a necessary function for our safety? Please take a look at this video and tell me what you think. When I saw this, obviously I was shocked, but even more than that, I started trying to frame my thoughts into the context of what I do for a living. Obviously in this country people have a right to express their opinion on everything that goes on. I am happy we don't live in a police state where so many things are censored and forbidden. However, I don't think that we should overlook people like this, the "Miami 7", or any other nutcases out there that are Anti-American. I don't believe that the United States has done everything properly over the years, but I do believe in the inherent "goodness" in America as a whole. So, should we kick the doors in of these people and haul them off to some austere prison complex for creating such a hateful and radical video? Certainly not, but I do think that they should be watched very closely, and