Skip to main content
Radicals amaze me.....

The attached rendered photo of the Time magazine photo of military personnel as the "Person of the Year" shows exactly what some people think of our military.




I will finish elaborating on this shameful photo later on. I got this from the DC Independent Media.


http://dc.indymedia.org/media/all/display/17011/index.php?limit_start=24

I wonder why they are so independent?

In speaking to a lot of Americans, it can easily be said that not a lot of people are happy with the way things are in America, and throughout the rest of the world. Many of the problems that Americans talk about are attributed to the President. I am not going to go into my personal thoughts about his culpability in our floundering economy, but I do have to say that I am not one to believe all of these sinister plot conspiracies. I have heard preposterous notions that went so far as to say that he was "responsible" for the WTC bombing just so he could go to Iraq.

When I find myself debating with these so-called radicals, they often say that I am mindlessly taking what the government and the media give me as gospel. Further, some members of my own race think that my duties as an American Soldier make me some sort of race traitor. I shudder to think about the state of this country when the above photograph is a reflection of what a large portion of the voting public thinks about the government and its military force.

What I would like to say to a lot of these so-called radicals....let's call them pseudo-radicals.....is perhaps all of the conspiracy theories and extreme Left-wing rhetoric that you are spewing is nothing more than regurgitated nonsense. Perhaps YOU are taking the coffee shop whisperings too seriously. Maybe you don't listen to the news and count on "independent" media sources such as the aforementioned as gospel. Making a photo such as that one is tantamount to treason in my book. To deface any image with a swastika is the worst sort of paranoia. This tells me if you don't agree with the radical rhetoric that our friendly coffee shop habitue feeds you, then you are a jack-booted oppressor. If you believe that there is such a thing as right or wrong, and feel that moral relativism is pointless, then you are narrow-minded. In the eighties "Conservative" was a nasty word, and now we have swung such a way that "Liberal" is now a bad word. I suggest we adopt a new phrase called, "Common Sense" that most of us can agree on.

To the slug who rendered this photo, the very people whose images you defaced are in harm's way now to protect your right to be an ass. They also want to secure the right for the Iraqi people to be unpatriotic asses as well. There was a time when they would have been tortured and killed if they did something that was not remotely as disrespectful as your actions with the swastika. I think that the soldiers on the front ought to be able to sue the "artist" for something. Someone needs to pay.

In closing, I just want to say that it is ironic that the person who made this picture probably feels that the U.S. is oppressing the freedom of the Iraqi people. My question for them is......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an Officer...a Black one.....is sometimes hard. [Howard Rollins from "A Soldier's Story"] Sometimes being an Officer is difficult....not because of hard tasks, short timelines, or all of the worries involved in the care of your Soldier's, but the aura of professionalism and objectivity that you must display at all times. There have been many times that I have wanted to make a comment, yell, cuss at someone, or otherwise let my personal feelings be known about a subject, but unfortunately I could not because of my position. Let me tell you about two incidents that bothered me in particular. I was in Dallas Ft. Worth airport waiting to catch a flight on the last leg of my TDY trip to help a returning unit at Ft. Sill. As I went to my gate, I saw 4 Sailors in their black uniforms gathered at the gate...one was large and white, the other three were black. There was very little room, and many of them were standing intermingled with civilian airline passengers
One day and one half... I just woke up in my hotel room after a night of fun and good times with my wife at 4th Street Live. I glanced out the window, and realized that I was facing the sullen reality that I have today and tomorrow on leave, and that Tuesday means the end of my contact with my family for a great while. I have approached this time on leave with the solid intent of not concentrating on how much time I had left, but rather the quality of the time that I was using. Somehow, it just didn't work like I thought that it would. I have noted that these past two weeks have flown by, much quicker than any other two weeks that I have experienced in my life. If deployment were to go like this, the time wouldn't seem so unbearable. But, nonetheless I suppose that I need to get myself prepared for the inevitable. The reality is that my oldest son Devon who just finished the seventh grade will be starting his Freshman year of High School once I get back. Robbie who just
The Thought Police: a necessary function for our safety? Please take a look at this video and tell me what you think. When I saw this, obviously I was shocked, but even more than that, I started trying to frame my thoughts into the context of what I do for a living. Obviously in this country people have a right to express their opinion on everything that goes on. I am happy we don't live in a police state where so many things are censored and forbidden. However, I don't think that we should overlook people like this, the "Miami 7", or any other nutcases out there that are Anti-American. I don't believe that the United States has done everything properly over the years, but I do believe in the inherent "goodness" in America as a whole. So, should we kick the doors in of these people and haul them off to some austere prison complex for creating such a hateful and radical video? Certainly not, but I do think that they should be watched very closely, and