Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm jealous of stupid people....

I have lived my entire life with the burden of consequence and repercussion looming over my shoulder. Obviously as a child, these concepts came in the form of "Mom and Dad". There were so many things that I wanted to do that I never tried because of these parameters. There were some things that I tried and managed to keep from them in order to avoid the penalties that came from "Mom and Dad". Other times, these "book ends of severity" were right there when I stepped off of the trodden path and decided to go my own stupid, adolescent, irresponsible way. They quickly got me back on the straight and narrow. Now, as an adult, I may not always make the best decision, but I look at consequence and repercussion and I appropriately weigh their possibilities before making a decision.

Since I have been here, I have had an epiphany, I realize that there are some people here who have NEVER been hampered by the confines of common sense, consequence, repercussion, or rational thought. I thought about that as I was spending my entire day trying to look into a situation. There are some people in their twenties, thirties, forties, and older who have never thought once past the action that they were making. I thought about that, and in an odd way I felt a little jealousy. A "well-grounded" person is perhaps someone who has never "flown", I thought about the individuals I had to deal with today and I realized that in an odd way, to be completely freaking ignorant and devoid of logic must in some odd way be liberating. Hmmmm.....I guess some people are tragically free.

No comments: